Thursday, July 17, 2014

goals

I bought a goal dress today. It is size 10, which is what I was around 10 pounds ago.  I can fit in it, but it doesn't look good. I have six months to return it, so hopefully I won't have to.  I have lost another half pound.  Weight loss is going slow, but is happening. However I decided to change a few things:

1. More weight lifting.  I hate it, but I need to do it in order to see results.  So at least four times a week I need to be lifting weights for at least 20-30 minutes. 
2. Lower carbs.  Since I have glucose intolerance, my body tells my insulin to store fat when there is too much sugar in my system.  I am trying to stay at 100 grams of carbohydrates per day, which is very hard.  That is around 35-40% carbohydrate.  This is not technically low carb, I don't think low carb is sustainable or even healthy. 
3. I have been eating less, and hungry less. There were a few days where I only had like 800 calories, and I knew I should eat more because that's really not enough.  I am super tempted to be at like 1000 calories a day, but I'm afraid of the consequences to my body.  I don't want to be anywhere near anorexic.  I am very good at maintaining weight (at least when I am paying attention), so if I can get down and then eat 1400 (my BMR) per day, and watch the scale, I should be fine. 
4. 11,000 steps per day instead of 10,000 and if I don't make it one day, I am making it up the next.

So I go to camp in a few days.  This will be the first time I will have a fitbit, so it will be interesting to see how much activity we actually have.  The food will not be that good... I plan to eat smaller portions, drink more water, lay off the deserts and try for salad more often.  I hope to have lost 1-2 pounds by the end of the week, putting be around 137.5-138.5.

Well, off to take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment