Saturday, October 31, 2015

A spooky Halloween

I worked out like a beast today. Went for a walk in the morning with the husband and then worked out hardcore tonight, or as hardcore as one can at an apartment complex gym.

When I weighed myself this morning I was 134 something. That scale can be a little off, but I think I believe that I'm at least 135. By my calculations of losing 1.5 pounds every 10 days or 4.5 pounds per month, I will be at my goal weight (118) by my birthday. Why is 118 my goal weight? Because in my early 20's that was my weight and that is also within the ideal body weight range for me. You know, I really am open to that number changing because I don't know what a normal weight is for me. I've been battling extra pounds since I was 21. The highest I got was 145 and the lowest was 126 at my wedding. But even at 126, I didn't look how I used to.

I looked like this:





And yes, that is the real Back to the Future Car. Anyway, then I was as bad as this:



I didn't love being 145.  Right now, I am between those two pictures.

I don't want to be skin and bones. I don't want to be unhealthy. If my body says no, we don't want to be 118, but I'm fitting into my clothes, then fine. In fact, whenever I am around 130 I start to feel like it would be okay if I stopped there, but I won't for so many reasons.

So today I did the things I needed to do to get to my goals and support my values of health and fitness. I want to be strong and kick ass. want to reclaim what was mine. I'm not saying when I was "skinny" in high school that I was healthy. I didn't eat in moderation and I didn't exercise unless forced. I would have always taken the elevator/escalator or gotten a ride if I could. I was active, but not by choice. Hiking would have been hell to me. I am probably much more fit today then I was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment